Detailed explanation of sealing and waterproof design of aluminum alloy doors and windows
- Editor: liefan 10:00:01, August 22, 2019
How to seal and waterproof aluminum alloy doors and windows? How to design?
1、 Minimum control index of watertight performance of aluminum alloy doors and windows
The minimum water tightness index of aluminum alloy doors and windows can be determined by the following formula and should not be less than 150pa (i.e., the water tightness of aluminum alloy doors and windows should not be lower than grade 2)
Where p is the design value of water tightness (PA);
Wo: basic wind pressure (n / m2);
μ Z: variation coefficient of wind pressure height;
μ s: shape coefficient, 1.2;
K: coefficient, K value of coastal tropical storm and typhoon area is 0.3, and that of other places is 0.25.
2、 Waterproof design of doors and windows
(1) the most effective way to improve the waterproof and sealing performance of doors and windows is to actively adopt the principle of equal pressure in the structural design of aluminum alloy doors and windows.
(2) the overlap between movable sash and window frame should not be too small. The overlap between movable leaf and window frame of casement window should not be less than 6 mm.
(3) in high-rise buildings, cold areas and areas with high energy-saving requirements, flat door and window structure should be adopted as far as possible, and push-pull door and window structure should be used less or not. Because there is a large gap between the sliding and sliding rails of push-pull doors and windows, and the two adjacent sashes are not in the same plane, there is no sealing and pressing force between the two sashes, only rely on the wool for overlapping lap, and there is a gap between the slivers, the sealing effect is very weak, so the waterproof sealing performance of sliding doors and windows is very poor. There are 2-3 sealing rubber strips between the window sash and the window frame of the flat opening doors and windows. After the window sash is closed and locked, the sealing rubber strip is pressed tightly, and the middle cavity is easy to form an equal pressure cavity. Therefore, doors and windows with excellent sealing performance can be designed.
(4) the aluminum alloy glass line for the installation of glass doors and windows should be designed in the indoor direction to avoid water seepage in the tiny gap between the glass pressure line and the window frame.
(5) the inner side of sliding chamber of sliding doors and windows of push-pull type should be designed with enough high water baffle, otherwise when the outdoor rainwater has a certain pressure, the rainwater will cross the water baffle and flow into the room.
(6) the upper part of the movable leaf of doors and windows shall be provided with a flashing board, and the lower part shall be provided with a drainage hole.
(7) the exposed seams of composite doors and windows should be reduced as far as possible, because the tiny gaps can not be sealed with sealant, resulting in leakage. If the exposed joint cannot be avoided due to structural reasons, the two contact surfaces of the profile at the seam will form 90 ° to facilitate sealant injection.
Liefan specializes in aluminum alloy doors and windows, sunshine room, frameless balcony window, mosquito screen window
- Weather resistance of aluminum alloy doors and windows [ Back to home page ] [ Printing ] [ Back to previous page ] Seal balcony to choose no frame balcony window